WP1: Knowledge collation and item identification
Objective: To collate existing knowledge and identify points to be addressed jointly with stakeholders.
WP2: Development of assessment protocols
Objective: To develop assessment protocols based on existing farm assessment protocols and stakeholder opinion.
WP3: Data collection
• To assure high data quality by harmonising data collection across countries and systems
• To test feasibility of the developed detailed protocol on a total of 70 farms
• To apply the condensed protocol on a total of 175 farms
• To determine the key indicators for economic, environmental and social sustainability and use the indicators to assess the synergies and trade-offs between the three pillars of sustainability in pig farms.
• To prepare a condensed assessment protocol for sustainability based on multivariate statistical analysis and on the opinion of stakeholders about the feasibility of practical implementation.
• To develop a Farmer Decision Support Tool able to be used by pig farmers in Europe to assess their economic, environmental and social sustainability.
WP5: Database integration
Objective:To develop an add-on to existing international data-bases, which focuses on the improvement of sustainability of pork production.
• To share information gained from the project with stakeholders.
• To provide stakeholders with access to project outcomes.
• To facilitate knowledge exchange between stakeholder groups at national and international level.